Facebook ,Insta, Pinterest image sizes
Facebook image sizes in pixels
- Cover image – 1200X 628
- Post image – 1200 X 630
- (Minimum size 600 X 300)
- Profile image – 170 X170
- Facebook Stories: 1080 x 1920
Facebook business page tip
If you are sharing 2-10 images in your brand’s Facebook post using the carousel display, images should be 1200 x 1200.
Facebook image sizes for cover photos: 851 x 315 pixels (recommended)
- Display size desktop: 820 x 312 pixels
- Display size smartphone:640 x 360 pixels
- Minimum size:400 x 150 pixels
- Ideal file size: Less than 100KB
Facebook image tips
- To avoid any distortion, upload a JPG or PNG file.
- Use the recommended pixel sizes for the fastest load times.
- Profile pictures and cover photos with logos or text work best when uploaded as a PNG file.
- Don’t drag to reposition once you’ve uploaded your cover photo.
- Stick to these image sizes recommended by Facebook
- Take advantage of the whole visual real estate Facebook provides
- Your image or photo appear in full – not cropped.
- Your CTRs (call to action) are clear and visible.
- Optimised Facebook post image size will entice viewers to share it to their friends and family or event to screenshot it and publish it on other websites or blogs.
- Make sure Facebook post images looks great on desktops, laptops, tablets and phones.
- Facebook Stories take up the full screen of a phone. That’s an aspect ratio of 9:16.
- Don’t choose an image with a width smaller than 500 pixels.
- For Stories with text, consider leaving 14% of the top and bottom text-free. (That’s 250 pixels.) That way any call-to-action won’t be covered by your brand’s profile photo or buttons.
Instagram image sizes for feed photos:
- Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels
- Portrait:1080 x 1350 pixels
- Square:1080 x 1080 pixels
- Supported aspect ratios: Anywhere between 1.91:1 and 4:5
- Recommended image size: Width of 1080 pixels, height between 566 and 1350 pixels (depending on whether the image is landscape or portrait)
- If you want your images to look their best on Instagram, aim to upload an image that is 1080 pixels wide.
- When you share an Instagram image that’s sized over 1080 pixels, Instagram will size it down to 1080 pixels.
- If you share a photo that has a resolution lower than 320 pixels, Instagram will size it up to 320 pixels.
- If your image is between 320 and 1080 pixels wide, Instagram will keep that photo at its original resolution, “as long as the photo’s aspect ratio is between 1.91:1 and 4:5(a height between 566 and 1350 pixels with a width of 1080 pixels).”
- If your uploaded Instagram image is a different ratio, the platform will automatically crop your photo to fit a supported ratio.
Profile image: 165 x 165 pixels (recommended)
Profile cover photo: 800 x 450 pixels (at minimum)
- Aspect ratio: 2:3 (recommended)
- Square pins: 1000 x 1000 pixels
- Recommended size: 1000 x 1500 pixels
- Max file size: 20M
Having the social image sizes in one place makes life easier. You don’t have to Google for the image sizes when you have to post on those platforms. Download the whole list as a PDF HERE