‘Web 2.0” was coined by Tim O Reilly of O Reilly in 2004. (Sounds like 2 decades in the tech world)
“The term “Web 2.0” is commonly associated with web applications that facilitate interactive information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design”
What this means in simple terms is
- Your website is not only for viewing
- Users can participate in a
- post feedback
- contribute to your website content
- Semantic tagging helps in SEO & internal navigation
- Social media enabled website
What is social media?
Wikipedia says “Social media is an umbrella term that defines the various activities that integrate technology,
Social interaction, and the construction of words and pictures.”
How does this benefit your business?
Look at the stats –
- Facebook has 400 million (projected to reach 500 million this year) users worldwide – most of them log in everyday!
- A generation is growing up with Facebook as their home page (not Google.)
- They spend an enormous amount of time on Facebook.
- They listen to their peers and their shopping habits are influenced strongly by this.
- If you do not get in and influence your target market in Facebook your competitor will
- On some days Facebook gets searched more than Google.
- Facebook is very business friendly now with the like button and open graph
- Once you build your presence in Facebook marketing is very cost effective
Do you really want to miss out on this opportunity?
Will be continued…