This gets asked a lot in forums and networking sites.
This depends on a couple of factors
- Are you looking for a free license or usage
- Are you happy to pay for a proprietary CMS
If you want CMS that is free there is a huge choice
- Jaws… I can go on and on
there are hundreds available. Some are specific for some niches like dating or news.
For a small business that needs a few pages with basic functions many CMS’s are an overkill. What I find again and again only a few relevant issues need to be addressed
- Ease of use
- Shopping cart to be added at a later stage
- Google friendly
- Support in case of problems
- Inserting images
Considering all of the above WordPress wins as a CMS for the small mom & pop business. It is
- Very easy to use. (dashboard very similar to Word)
- Inserting pictures is a piece of cake
- Very Google friendly ( due to pinging facility)
- Numerous bells & whistles (add on to enhance the site)
- Huge developer community & forum for support
- One click install
- Thousands of themes available
Even if you are not tech savvy at all – once you learn how to use WordPress it is easy to expand the site by adding content.
If I do the site for your business I will get it up and running , Optimise your site for the Search Engines. Give you a clean layout, pages that will download real quick. I will also train you to use WordPress with detailed manual and videos. Plus you will have my support if there is a problem. You will also get a lot of tips on how to promote your business online.
Want more information? Contact me and I can help your business get online today.