I get asked this question many times. I decided to add a few useful articles to point the business owner in the right direction.
1. How do you go about getting a website?
There are a few steps to take before you go ahead:-
- First write down the objectives that you want your site to perform
- Define your target audience – gender, age, ethnicity etc
- Write down what you want your website visitor to do on each page
- Then look at your competitors – Pick the ones you think are doing a good job
- Write down a few salient points
- Then come up with the structure of your website.
- Research some keywords for your niche
- Write the content of the website from a marketing perspective – use your main keywords in the content or you can use a web copywriter
Find a web designer who understands marketing, and is good at search engine optimization. You can have the a well designed website – but if it not generating leads and conversions it is not helping your business.
For more tips read