As a small business it is tough to ride the current recession and market turmoil. As people lose homes and jobs consumer spending will go down. And as a small business you will feel the pinch. Some tips to ride the downturn.
- Postpone any expansion for the next few months. Wait and see how quick the market bounces back.
- Don’t panic and make rash decisions.
- Track your marketing efforts for conversions
- Once you find out the channel that is most successful double your effort.
- Try online advertising. Get a Google Adwords campaign going. Learn more about pay-per-click.
- Advertise on Google local.
- Advertise on Google Base. (It is free).
- Write up an informative article and get it published in local newspaper.
- Place classified ads in the local news paper (If you have never done before).
- Try a mail drop with a simple flyer done on your home printer. Have a special or something free to prompt action.
- Get your website refreshed and write some informative articles about your business niche.
For example if you are a landscaper try to inform your customers what best to plant now how to avoid pests. Good info about organic gardening. Plants in season. Where to get a good deal on plants. Etc. Get the visitors engaged.
Image by Randy Levine
Put out a newsletter 4 times a year. Keep in touch with your customers regularly. If you manage to get your website to 20 pages or more Google is going to love you. Add the content regularly – like once in 10-15 days.
It is so easy to update your site with the CMS package I provide for small business like yours