Many small business websites fail to deliver. Here are some tips to make them work
- Cut to the chase:- On your homepage give exactly what your target market wants and cut the fluff. If you are a motel in a beach town. Your homepage should say where you are what your rates are upfront and a few images of the rooms and amenities. Give the off season rates and how best to get there in a few sentences.
- Make your site load fast. No flash no large image files that take forever to download
- Ask for the business with words like contact us, get a free quote, buy now. Have this prominently on your home page. The buy now button should be easy to find.
- Give something free if you can – a free report, white paper
- Use testimonials – not only on a specific “Success Stories” page, but liberally sprinkled around your entire site. Make sure each testimonial highlights specific services/products you want to sell more of