Do you do affiliate marketing? Do you drive pay-per-click traffic to your websites or landing pages? Then you have to read the following story. I belong to a private forum where most of the members are affiliate marketers. They drive PPC traffic specifically Google Adwords traffic. Of late a few of them had their Adwords account hacked into. One person had his account hacked into and the credit card charges was something like 17k! Credit cards were maxed out and his account was paused by Google.
He contacted Google and it took Google a few weeks to resolve the issue. If your livelihood depended on affiliate marketing and PPC traffic from Google imagine how difficult those few weeks will be for you. One way of avoiding these type of incidents is having a very strong password. When I say strong I really mean very very strong. I change my password for these type of accounts very frequently as well. And these passwords are unique and not used for anything else. I have a software program that generates random passwords for me in a second. I can set the length of the password to as long as I want as well. Makes it harder to hack into. The program I trust and use is Roboform. Even if you are not affiliate marketer but use Google Adwords to drive traffic to your site please remember to have a strong/unique password and change it often. To save time and hassle use a program to automate the process. It will only take you a few minutes to do the process.
The benefits of Roboform are quite a few:
- Manage your passwords and Log In automatically.
- Fill long registration and checkout forms with one click.
- Encrypt your passwords to achieve complete security.
- Generate random passwords to maximize password strength.
- Fight Phishing by entering passwords only on matching web sites.
- Defeat Keyloggers by not using the keyboard to type passwords.
- Back up your passwords and copy them between computers.
- Synchronize passwords between computers using GoodSync.
RoboForm Password Manager is:
- Portable: RoboForm2Go runs from USB key, no install needed.
- Phone-friendly: sync your passwords to Windows Mobile and Palm.
- Universal: works with Internet Explorer, AOL/MSN, Firefox.
- IE 7 and Vista are fully supported.
So if you have accounts where security is high priority (which should be for all your online activities) please have a strong password and change it often to avoid keyloggers. Use a program like Roboform to protect yourself against any hacking or phishing scams.