Once you have fixed your navigation, the next one you need to focus on is the search function on your site. When you get a visitor looking for a specific product & lands on your site make sure you have your search function working properly. If the results do not come up on search you lost a prospect.
- Make sure the search function on your site is working well.
- Make sure relevant results are returned on searching
- Make sure misspellings are covered
- Make sure the search function is visible clearly – make it large & prominent
- the results should be easy to be sorted – based on color, price etc
- The search results that are returned should be listed clearly & state clearly what to do next