Continuing from my post yesterday, the hacking problem has been resolved by Hostagator. This is one of the reasons I love Hostgator. They are so quick to resolve problems.

There were two spamming scripts installed on the website server. Even after deleting all the files these spamming scripts could not be deleted. It was finally deleted by Hostgator after a few emails back and forth.

I have been recommending Roboform in couple of posts. There a free version and a Pro version. The Pro version has more functions and I purchased it couple of months. I did try the free version before I purchased.

image by Declan TM

image by Declan TM

I have changed the passwords of all my sites after this experience.  Just to be on the safe side. I will be paying special attention to online security from now on.  If this had not been detected and fixed the domain could have been de listed. Then it is a bit of a time & process to get it listed again. I would not want this to happen to a large site that produces income for me.