If you are a small business and you don’t have a website, you are leaving money on the table. I deal with small businesses everyday.
The ones that do very well are the ones that update their websites often and keep the content fresh.
These days customers expect you to have a very informative website. To be out there in front of your target market you need to interact and find ways of getting their attention.
What better way than to post articles that are useful to your prospects?
For example if you deal in home furnishings, you can have articles on:
- “How to smarten up your bedroom for under $300”
- “Change the look of your lounge for under$100”
- “Gift ideas for holidays for under $100”
- Or tips on how to match colors for walls, curtains/blinds furniture etc.
- Tips on cleaning rugs to make them look like new.
Put out a newsletter once a quarter for your existing customers about specials upcoming sales and ideas for gifts or room makeovers.
- You can even ask your customers to send you before & after photos.
- You can run a competition and offer gift vouchers etc.
- You can have opinion polls about specific products.
- A green section where customers can enter ideas.
You can think up many more ways to interact and have this ongoing dialogue. This helps you in two ways:
- You will know what your customers want/like.
- You will build a long term relationship with your customers and they will trust you more.
To do all the above things you need to keep updating your website regularly and not depend on your web designer. The way to do this is to have a content management system for your website. This will save you money and time in the long term.
You definitely need this if you are selling online. You can update your catalog every day if you have to.
Contact me for content management system for your website.