This time one of my sites that makes me money got hacked. It is a pretty large site with hundreds of products. Gets only natural traffic. Yesterday I went to check on the site and found my index file had been defaced. These are the steps I took
- I logged in to my FTP program (Filezilla) and blew the site
- Went to my backup folder on my computer and uploaded all the files.
- I got it back to where it was 98%. (Some links are broken)
- It is up and running again. It took me 20 minutes to do this.
- Always backup your files to local hard drive. (saves you a lot of pain)
- Keep your antivirus up to date.
- Use password generator and change password often and don’t use the same password for all sites
- Keep password secure