A good website should do the following
- Tell the visitor what your business is all about.
- Tell the visitor what to do – buy product, sign up to newsletter
- Tell them why your product/service is better
- Make them feel safe when they are visiting your site. (Display clearly any Better Business Bureau badge encrypted buying facility etc)
- Make it easy to buy from your site. Give them many payment options
- Once they have bought, send them a thank you email and a follow up email.(that way they will come back for more products or service
I have only scratched the surface. To have an effective small business website there are many other important components to make the website work properly.
contact me to revamp your existing website and increase traffic.