- For a small business your website is a working horse. Make it work to your advantage
- As you can see, the new site has a ton of features the old site doesn’t:
- Have a good clean professional looking design
- information that will generate a sale or booking should be visible clearly at the top of the page
- Free quote enquire now will generate leads
- the Buy Now visible prominently on the home page
- Phone number/contact details on every page to encourage people to ring you
- Blog – keep your prospects and customers always in the loop about your products or services.
- Display a gallery of your products/wares in a simple way with some description if neccessary
- Have the site optimised for your niche keywords
- Use web 2.0 methods like Twitter, Facebook, Blog, Feeds to spread awareness of your products.(One of my customers saw a big jump in his traffic to his site by tweeting on Twitter. Now he has a good relevant following there.)
- Blog regularly with good relevant posts
Do all the above and keep marketing actively and see the results within a few months.
get your website revamped to a Web 2.0 one now by contacting me me for a free quote.
- editing without needing to know HTML
- easy to update current events – takes a few minutes
- No uploading of files – like static HTML sites
- post-dating of articles so they can automatically “go live” in the future
- reader participation through comments
- organization of the content using tags – these are like signposts for search engines
- If you already have a site and are switching to WordPress you can retain the URL addresses
- easy addition of new functionality (because it is “open source”)
- free support by the very responsive developer and user communities
- Pinging facility – pings newsaggregators automatically
- You can add gazillions of plugins to add more functionality
- easy to integrate social media widgets – seamless with twitter, Digg etc
- Instant traffic – no waiting 3 months to see a few visitors
- So many free themes and custom themes to choose from
- Add image galleries videos very easily
What more do you want? It is one click installation if you use Hostgator.
I set up a review site last night for a product with WordPress. It is a simple 4 page site with some useful articles. Guess what this morning in my stats I saw 11 unique hits.! If I had done a static HTML site I am sure this would have taken about 2-3 weeks or more. Two keyword searches for the very specific product I was recommending. Now way HTML site can achieve this.
So if you are a small business owner and want some quick exposure online, some targeted traffic contact me and I can set up a wordpress site for a very reasonable cost. I will train you to update your site and teach you basic SEO functions.
From my experience Google love WordPress.